You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Haiti’ tag.
You can donate $10 to Haiti relief by texting “Haiti” to 90999
I’m leaving wonderland for a bit to focus on the devastating earthquake that struck Haiti. This country needs our donations and prayers. The easiest way to donate is by making a simple text message.
Basic info about this mobile giving program:
We have received more than $3 million as of 9 a.m. EST – through a third party mobile fundraising effort to support our relief efforts in Haiti.
100% of the donations will go to support the Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti.
- The mobile fundraising effort launched on January 12, approximately three hours after the earthquake struck Haiti. The program is powered by Mobile Accord and the MGive Foundation in coordination with the U.S. State Department as part of its ongoing support of this disaster response.
- We are grateful this mobile fundraising opportunity, and for the support of the State Department and other government leaders to draw attention to this important program (and thousands of tweeters!)
- The needs in Haiti are tremendous and we want to thank the people who continue to donate and help the American Red Cross meet that need. Raising this amount of money $10 at a time is a true testament to the American spirit.
- People who want to help those affected by the Haitian earthquake can also make a donation to the American Red Cross International Response Fund at Redcross.org or by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS.
- Donors using this technology may opt in to receive future updates, but will not be solicited again without this consent nor will their personal information be shared with other organizations.
- An average of 91 cents of every dollar the American Red Cross spends is invested in humanitarian services and programs.