You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Life’ category.
wonderland is going to be a bit more wonderful…
You can donate $10 to Haiti relief by texting “Haiti” to 90999
I’m leaving wonderland for a bit to focus on the devastating earthquake that struck Haiti. This country needs our donations and prayers. The easiest way to donate is by making a simple text message.
Basic info about this mobile giving program:
We have received more than $3 million as of 9 a.m. EST – through a third party mobile fundraising effort to support our relief efforts in Haiti.
100% of the donations will go to support the Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti.
- The mobile fundraising effort launched on January 12, approximately three hours after the earthquake struck Haiti. The program is powered by Mobile Accord and the MGive Foundation in coordination with the U.S. State Department as part of its ongoing support of this disaster response.
- We are grateful this mobile fundraising opportunity, and for the support of the State Department and other government leaders to draw attention to this important program (and thousands of tweeters!)
- The needs in Haiti are tremendous and we want to thank the people who continue to donate and help the American Red Cross meet that need. Raising this amount of money $10 at a time is a true testament to the American spirit.
- People who want to help those affected by the Haitian earthquake can also make a donation to the American Red Cross International Response Fund at Redcross.org or by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS.
- Donors using this technology may opt in to receive future updates, but will not be solicited again without this consent nor will their personal information be shared with other organizations.
- An average of 91 cents of every dollar the American Red Cross spends is invested in humanitarian services and programs.
This morning I was looking over today’s Gilt sales. If you’re not familiar with Gilt let me explain. Gilt is the greatest shopping site EVER! Every day around 11am CT they have sales for DESIGNER clothing, shoes, jewelry, menswear, childrens, home stuff, and even vacations. Up to 70% off!! It’s a fashionista’s dream come true!!
Anywhoooo, it’s 11:00, and I’m checking Gilt. Under Jetsetter (the vacation site) I see the Banyan Tree Mayakoba hotel. It’s like going to Phuket, only you don’t have a 14-hour+ flight. And it’s conveniently located 30 minutes away from the Cancun airport.
OOOoooh I need a vay-cay…
The resort features 54 Villas; each with their own pool.
While I’m dreaming of Mexico, I must plan my attire…
Bikini and coverup – check!
Being the girly-girl I am, I’m a sucker for anything with ruffles 🙂 Shoshanna
I’m l-o-v-i-n-g this cover up! J. Crew
If you would like to join Gilt Group, click on the link to accept my invitation. http://www.gilt.com/invite/allisonh
Mood – Tropical
Song – “Escape (The Piña Colada Song)” by Rupert Holmes
I’m soooo excited for the new Alice in Wonderland movie! If you haven’t seen the preview yet, check it out!
My nickname in kindergarten was Alice in Wonderland, so the story brings back fond memories. Seeing the trailer also reminds me of the FABULOUS spread that Vogue did back in ’03. Shot by the talented Annie Leibovitz, I love how she incorporated the fantasy of the story with the designers who created those gorgeous gowns.
read more (fashion mags don’t count)
travel as much as possible
do at least 3 things that scare me
laugh as much as possible
shop less (ya right!)
Floral – Dolce and Gabbana Spring 2010
Wild Wedges – Alexander Wang
Clogs/Urban Farmer – Chanel RTW Spring 2010
Try… Nars Pop Life (looks great on everyone!)
Stripes – Alexander Wang Spring 2010
Try… Calypso Sailor Shirt
Coppertones – Balmain Spring 2010
Platinum Hair (I blame Lady Gaga)
Tattoo/ Tribal – Rodarte Spring 2010
Try… Etro’s Tattoo Top
Mood – Spring in my Step
Song – “Daydreamin” by Lupe Fiasco
Oh, Dolls, I have a little side project! I’ve been scouring eBay for the perfect bat wing cocoon cardigan. Most of the time I have an idea in my head of what I want and I won’t be happy until I find it. Well, I never found one, so I had it made!!! I loved it soooo much I had to have a couple more made for my girls. Check out my eBay if your interested!!!
I styled it with the ribcage Rodarte for Target dress, an Alice + Olivia belt, and a Kenneth Jay Lane Squid Ring.
Mood – Party like it’s 2010
Song – I’m working on a New Year’s Eve playlist, but until then “1999” by Prince will do
Sorry, Dolls… I know I have gotten VERY behind on the 12 days of Christmas, but Rodarte has arrived at Tar-jay!!! WOOHOO!!!!
I had to get my bum over to Target and spend time trying on everything and grabbing all the sizes I could for my girls!
I’ll admit it’s a bit out there but the stand out piece has definitely been the leopard print lace dress. Dakota Fanning rocked the lace dress in Teen Vogue…
Love it with the light blue necklace… elegant yet fun!
But, the Dress du Jour has got to be the sequin ribcage dress!
The Rodarte sisters know how to design fashion with a sense of humor! But what the heck, are those Doc Martens I see… Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
And this post wouldn’t be completely without me singing…